Setting up your WIX account
Let's set up your WIX account!
Sign up for a WIX account
All of the decisions you make at this stage can be changed in the future. Don't worry too much about the type of site or colors and fonts that are used in the template. Just pick something you like.
Go to https://www.wix.com/
Click “Get Started” in the top right corner
Create a username and password or sign up using Google or Facebook and click "Sign Up"
Click on the blue “Get Started” button
5. Enter the type of site you want to make
6. Follow the five prompts that pop up to add information about your site
7. At the end, click the blue "customize site" button. Or from the dashboard and click “Design Site” in the top right corner
8. For the first question “How would you like to design your website?” click the right hand option “Pick a template” this will allow for a custom design
9. Browse for a template you like. Choose “view” to preview or “Edit” to select for your site
10. This will open your new template in the editor view.
11. Click "Save" in the top right corner
Add AKWD as an Admin on your site
Add AKWD as an admin to allow for custom editing.
In the top toolbar, click “Settings” on the left and click “Roles & Permissions”
2. In the pop-up, click “+ invite people” in blue on the top right
3. Type in my email “firstname.lastname@example.org”
4. Check the box next to Admin (Co-owner)
5. Click the blue “Send Invite” button in the top right
6. I will receive this email and will be set up to begin edits on your site.
Upgrade to a Premium WIX Account
Upgrade to a WIX Premium plan to use your custom domain.
In the top right corner, click on the purple “Upgrade” button
Click the “Upgrade Now” button in the pop-up that appears
3. This will open up on the business plans which you do not need
4. Select “Website Plans” from the top three tabs
5. Highlighted is the “Pro” plan
6. Click on the purple “Select” button
7. Stick with the yearly plan and click “Continue to Checkout”
8. Enter your credit card information and click the blue “Submit Purchase” option